- The Philadelphia Flyers hockey team lost 10 games in a row resulting in their coach being fired, playoff hopes dinged and confidence sink to the lowest possible level.
- When we sense things going south, why can’t we turn it around? When everything in our lives goes well, good things are expected and they come easier.
- When adversity gets into our heads, we bear down, try harder, become obsessed with getting back on track.
- Fearing ups and downs makes things worse.
- Anticipating an upswing breeds resilience to endure.
- Think of a rollercoaster – it rises and then falls – again and again – and most people like it so much they wait in long lines to ride them again.
- Losing streaks are tests to see if we’re still believing in ourselves.
Recent Day Starters: