Today try to say no at least once.
It doesn’t have to be rude and you don’t even have to say the actual word “no” but decline something that is a bit too much for you to accept.
We get used to taking on burdens placed on us by others and add to our own anxiety by being willing to go along with something else that will make us unhappy – after all, anxiety is caused by worry on top of worry.
When you find the right thing to turn down, do it for you – other people don’t know the stresses in our lives. They barely know the ones in their lives.
If it works and makes you feel better as it does for me, find a way to add “no” and give yourself some much-needed control over stress.
Recent Day Starters:
- Ready to Stop Doubting Yourself?
- The Things We Do Right
- Recurrent Thoughts
- Finding Inner Joy & Happiness
- While You’re Thinking About Quitting Your Job
- Fear of Failure is Increasing, Now What?
- The Difference Between Choices and Feelings
- The Pause That Refreshes
- Mood Repair
- Looking at Life Like Sports