Sometimes your favorite animal is a goldfish because it is said to have a memory of ten seconds – what humans need to have.
That’s the advice from Ted Lasso, the principal character in the hit Apple TV series about a coach who knows nothing about soccer and everything about motivating people.
A short memory should be our goal even though Ted Lasso’s information is incorrect (goldfish can have a memory of many months).
The longer we humans carry around negative thoughts of animosity, jealousy or hurt, we become more like the person who offended us.
To gain control, give up control of lingering animosities so we can swim away like a goldfish to enjoy another day.
Recent Day Starters:
- Ready to Stop Doubting Yourself?
- The Things We Do Right
- Recurrent Thoughts
- Finding Inner Joy & Happiness
- While You’re Thinking About Quitting Your Job
- Fear of Failure is Increasing, Now What?
- The Difference Between Choices and Feelings
- The Pause That Refreshes
- Mood Repair
- Looking at Life Like Sports