Since the pandemic began, voice-only calls have increased 78%.
And the length of these calls has also increased.
We hear a lot about Zoom, the savior of business, academia and keeping families connected in public health crises but there is evidence that video apps make us feel awkward and unfulfilled.
Then there is the phone – which really is not a phone but a handheld texting machine, iPod and social networking black hole.
But now mouth to ear is back.
An iPhone is really a phone again.
“When it comes to developing intimacy remotely, sometimes it’s better to be heard and not seen”.
If this has been forwarded to you by a friend, you can start receiving DayStarters every day here.
Recent Day Starters:
- Ready to Stop Doubting Yourself?
- The Things We Do Right
- Recurrent Thoughts
- Finding Inner Joy & Happiness
- While You’re Thinking About Quitting Your Job
- Fear of Failure is Increasing, Now What?
- The Difference Between Choices and Feelings
- The Pause That Refreshes
- Mood Repair
- Looking at Life Like Sports