- My mother, Adele, never passed by a cemetery without saying something like “people are dying to go there” which may explain where I got my sense of humor.
- She would really love Betty White’s take who lived to within weeks of 100 and because of her fame and longevity faced numerous previous hoaxes about her premature demise.
- White a trailblazer for life also looked to her mother according to The Washington Post: “She would always say, ‘Nobody knows. People think they do — you can believe whatever you want to believe what happens at that last moment — but nobody ever knows until it happens.’ … Growing up, whenever we’d lose somebody, she’d always say, ‘Now they know the secret.’”
- “Tell them that at 90 there’s no need to get impatient,” she said in 2012 “I’m hurrying as best as I can.”
- Despite all the questions prompted by the beloved comedian’s extended golden years, Betty White who lived as full a life as possible wrote in her autobiography “I’ll be dying to find out”.
Recent Day Starters: