Procrastination is mood avoidance not task avoidance – avoid the task, avoid the bad mood.
But even that catches up with us – college students who chill out during their first semester, pay for it with increased anxiety in the second according to research.
The future is nice but it isn’t a powerful motivator to take on the business at hand in a timely way.
- Make what you’re putting off feel more comfortable.
- See the future as a road map to making things better than the present.
Recent Day Starters:
- Ready to Stop Doubting Yourself?
- The Things We Do Right
- Recurrent Thoughts
- Finding Inner Joy & Happiness
- While You’re Thinking About Quitting Your Job
- Fear of Failure is Increasing, Now What?
- The Difference Between Choices and Feelings
- The Pause That Refreshes
- Mood Repair
- Looking at Life Like Sports